Join the WCRA
Welcome to the Window Cleaning Resource.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How much would you charge?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Springfield,Ohio
    Age
    59
    Posts
    505
    Likes Received
    85
    Likes Given
    54
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default How much would you charge?

    You have a 49 glass count possible job at a retail store. it is made up of 4 glass doors two 30inch high and two door wide transiums and 43 knee high to top of transium high 3 foot wide windows.(Short pole work on all but the doors)
    All glass is to be cleaned monthly in & Out and all glass has an after market window tint film inside.
    To be invoice & paid in 30 days.
    How much would you charge and how little would you accept for the job?
    I will tell my answer after I get some of yours, and why I am even asking this question!
    Thanks for your answers.
    Matt
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Matt Perry of:
    PERRY WINDOW CLEANING
    414 S Belmont Ave
    Springfield,Ohio 45505
    "Window Cleaning, Sprinfield, Oh also Washing glass in Urbana, London,and Washington CourtHouse,OH"
    (937) 324-9328 or (937) 206-9154
    www.PerryWindowCleaning.com
    http://www.windowcleaning.com/springfield/

  2. JoshWash's Avatar
    JoshWash is offline Silver Squeegee
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Age
    29
    Posts
    626
    Likes Received
    47
    Likes Given
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you want to get it, $75-95 a month. Personally,Cause I hate commercial, I would bid at $145 and see if they bit
    llaczko likes this.
    Joshua Shelburne
    Aspen Window Washing
    Denver, CO
    (303) 818-5258 EXT 6
    http://www.aspenwindow.com/gutter-guard

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Springfield,Ohio
    Age
    59
    Posts
    505
    Likes Received
    85
    Likes Given
    54
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshWash View Post
    If you want to get it, $75-95 a month. Personally,Cause I hate commercial, I would bid at $145 and see if they bit
    Thanks for pricing it out Joshua.
    You sound a lot like me, if I really do not like a job, then I will price it high enough that if I have to do it, then the $ ease my pain!

    Who else will price this out, you will be shocked to read my real experience with this one.
    I will not embarrass you, show me how you would bid this one WCR fans!
    Matt
    Matt Perry of:
    PERRY WINDOW CLEANING
    414 S Belmont Ave
    Springfield,Ohio 45505
    "Window Cleaning, Sprinfield, Oh also Washing glass in Urbana, London,and Washington CourtHouse,OH"
    (937) 324-9328 or (937) 206-9154
    www.PerryWindowCleaning.com
    http://www.windowcleaning.com/springfield/

  4. WoodysWindows's Avatar
    WoodysWindows is offline Gold CLX WFP
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wherever
    Posts
    2,031
    Likes Received
    268
    Likes Given
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm a minimum $2 per pane commercial/storefront and that's if it's a basic clean. If its some gas station or someplace with a bunch of crap all over the windows then the price goes up quickly.

    So I'm in the same ballpark as Josh. If I wanted it $90, if I didn't--$170+

    And yes I know that $90 is less than $2 per pane w/49 windows. Discount for being monthly.
    Last edited by WoodysWindows; 04-06-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Springfield,Ohio
    Age
    59
    Posts
    505
    Likes Received
    85
    Likes Given
    54
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WoodysWindows View Post
    I'm a minimum $2 per pane commercial/storefront and that's if it's a basic clean. If its some gas station or someplace with a bunch of crap all over the windows then the price goes up quickly.

    So I'm in the same ballpark as Josh. If I wanted it $90, if I didn't--$170+

    And yes I know that $90 is less than $2 per pane w/49 windows. Discount for being monthly.
    Thanks for your reply, I am going to shock you with the rest of the story, But I am holding out to see if anyone else is much different on pricing like if it is January and $ is tight? Do you stick to your prices or what?
    WCR fans what would you do?
    Matt Perry of:
    PERRY WINDOW CLEANING
    414 S Belmont Ave
    Springfield,Ohio 45505
    "Window Cleaning, Sprinfield, Oh also Washing glass in Urbana, London,and Washington CourtHouse,OH"
    (937) 324-9328 or (937) 206-9154
    www.PerryWindowCleaning.com
    http://www.windowcleaning.com/springfield/

  6. diamondridge's Avatar
    diamondridge is offline WCRA Members
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    4,564
    Likes Received
    2302
    Likes Given
    1147
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The suspense is killing me! I would charge $200 for a first clean, and then $160 for the monthly cleanings
    Larry Kreusel
    210-788-0938
    Gleam Team Window Cleaning
    8031 Laurel Bend San Antonio, TX 78250

  7. WoodysWindows's Avatar
    WoodysWindows is offline Gold CLX WFP
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wherever
    Posts
    2,031
    Likes Received
    268
    Likes Given
    269
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Window Cleaning View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I am going to shock you with the rest of the story, But I am holding out to see if anyone else is much different on pricing like if it is January and $ is tight? Do you stick to your prices or what?
    WCR fans what would you do?
    Sounds intriguing... like Paul Harvey-- I want to hear the rest of the story! Don't keep us in suspense too long
    In the mean time, I'll wager a $1 that says you probably picked it up at like $300 a month or something.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

  8. EcoClean's Avatar
    EcoClean is offline WCRA Members
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,962
    Likes Received
    288
    Likes Given
    282
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If it was in an area I already worked $75 would be my bottom dollar. It would take me 45 minutes.
    Micah Kommers
    EcoClean
    Greenville, SC
    Window Washing Greenville
    Pressure Washing Greenville

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Springfield,Ohio
    Age
    59
    Posts
    505
    Likes Received
    85
    Likes Given
    54
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diamondridge View Post
    The suspense is killing me! I would charge $200 for a first clean, and then $160 for the monthly cleanings
    OK, here is the rest of the story.... About 4 years ago I took a Coach store on through a National Vender. My first experience with a national vender by the way, and this Coach was in a outdoor shopping mall that has around 100 various retail shops. My usual pricing would be about $2 per window in & out. But I saw this as a foot in the door to the shopping area, so I priced it at $1.75 per window and got it.
    I did get about three more store to service at a fair price, so OK so far.
    Then in Jan 2008 the same National company ask me to bid on the one above that you just bid on. My normal pricing would be $98 ( $2 X 49 = $98) but its January, I am already cleaning the Coach store only a few hundred feet away from this new one, so I bid $85 to get it right. They told me the most they could pay on this store is $40 take it or leave it. I took it!
    Now I know you think that was the shocker, right. Oh no it doesn't end there.....Here is an e-mail I got yesterday from this National vender.

    Hi Matt,

    We have been contacted by Company Name corporate to inform us that they have received a significantly lower price from another vendor for the window cleaning service at store 6627 in Ohio Town .

    They have asked us to meet the price in order to retain the store. As such, we need to know if you will be able to adjust your payout from $40 to $30 per I/O cleaning.

    We have agreed and hope that you will be able to work with us in order to maintain this service.

    Please confirm that you will be able to continue to do this cleaning for $30 per service.

    We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to work with you on this store.

    Thanks,

    Linda


    That was a shock for me! Below is the reply I sent back to this National company.

    Linda , I am sorry that Company store is putting you in such a position. When I started my business 8 years ago a bargain price to clean was $1 per window or door. Today I charge $2. Company store has 49 windows that get a power wash mist every month leaving deposits on them left from the over spray of their sidewalk cleaning.
    They have 49 pieces of glass which a fair price should be $98 I think the quote I gave you was originally $85 but you said the most you could do was $40 that's less than 82 cents per window. You had me doing the Coach just walking distance away so I said yes. Now you are asking me to take 61 cents per window.
    I'm sorry 62 cents per window, I can't do, this is too little for the job & drive time it eats up.
    I am scheduled Thursday 04-07-2011 to do the coach in & Out and Company store as well.
    do you want it done this time for the $40 or not. Please advise me.
    I will still do the Coach if you want, even without Company store.


    Needless to say I will no longer be cleaning the $40 job anymore , but which window cleaner is going to do it 25% cheaper than I did, and how long before they try to go backwards again?
    Now you have the rest of the shocking story!
    Matt
    Matt Perry of:
    PERRY WINDOW CLEANING
    414 S Belmont Ave
    Springfield,Ohio 45505
    "Window Cleaning, Sprinfield, Oh also Washing glass in Urbana, London,and Washington CourtHouse,OH"
    (937) 324-9328 or (937) 206-9154
    www.PerryWindowCleaning.com
    http://www.windowcleaning.com/springfield/

  10. justin's Avatar
    justin is offline Brass Squeegee
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    El Cajon California
    Age
    34
    Posts
    97
    Likes Received
    8
    Likes Given
    130
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Window Cleaning View Post
    OK, here is the rest of the story.... About 4 years ago I took a Coach store on through a National Vender. My first experience with a national vender by the way, and this Coach was in a outdoor shopping mall that has around 100 various retail shops. My usual pricing would be about $2 per window in & out. But I saw this as a foot in the door to the shopping area, so I priced it at $1.75 per window and got it.
    I did get about three more store to service at a fair price, so OK so far.
    Then in Jan 2008 the same National company ask me to bid on the one above that you just bid on. My normal pricing would be $98 ( $2 X 49 = $98) but its January, I am already cleaning the Coach store only a few hundred feet away from this new one, so I bid $85 to get it right. They told me the most they could pay on this store is $40 take it or leave it. I took it!
    Now I know you think that was the shocker, right. Oh no it doesn't end there.....Here is an e-mail I got yesterday from this National vender.

    Hi Matt,

    We have been contacted by Company Name corporate to inform us that they have received a significantly lower price from another vendor for the window cleaning service at store 6627 in Ohio Town .

    They have asked us to meet the price in order to retain the store. As such, we need to know if you will be able to adjust your payout from $40 to $30 per I/O cleaning.

    We have agreed and hope that you will be able to work with us in order to maintain this service.

    Please confirm that you will be able to continue to do this cleaning for $30 per service.

    We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to work with you on this store.

    Thanks,

    Linda


    That was a shock for me! Below is the reply I sent back to this National company.

    Linda , I am sorry that Company store is putting you in such a position. When I started my business 8 years ago a bargain price to clean was $1 per window or door. Today I charge $2. Company store has 49 windows that get a power wash mist every month leaving deposits on them left from the over spray of their sidewalk cleaning.
    They have 49 pieces of glass which a fair price should be $98 I think the quote I gave you was originally $85 but you said the most you could do was $40 that's less than 82 cents per window. You had me doing the Coach just walking distance away so I said yes. Now you are asking me to take 61 cents per window.
    I'm sorry 62 cents per window, I can't do, this is too little for the job & drive time it eats up.
    I am scheduled Thursday 04-07-2011 to do the coach in & Out and Company store as well.
    do you want it done this time for the $40 or not. Please advise me.
    I will still do the Coach if you want, even without Company store.


    Needless to say I will no longer be cleaning the $40 job anymore , but which window cleaner is going to do it 25% cheaper than I did, and how long before they try to go backwards again?
    Now you have the rest of the shocking story!
    Matt

    Wow! These maintenance companies are ridiculous! The whole story sounds a little bit "fishy" to me
    --
    Justin

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Join the conversation! Comment now with Facebook

Similar Threads

  1. Question How to charge?!
    By Clean Reflections in forum Residential Window Cleaning
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 01:42 AM
  2. what would you charge
    By Juggernaut in forum Commercial Window Cleaning
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 01:58 AM
  3. What do you charge?
    By DannyL in forum Residential Window Cleaning
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
  4. Charge
    By Taylon in forum Blind Cleaning
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 06:57 PM
  5. Question What would you charge?
    By mikewlong in forum Commercial Window Cleaning
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 04:46 PM

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96