Welcome to the Window Cleaning Resource.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Oven Cleaner?

  1. #1
    guardsman308's Avatar
    guardsman308 is offline Brass Squeegee
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    27
    Likes Received
    1
    Likes Given
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Oven Cleaner?

    Rubber Stock Up
    I remember when my father has his windows cleaned earlier this year and the guy had to go buy oven cleaner, what all is oven cleaner good for and is it safe for wood and other frames?

  2. Whistler's Avatar
    Whistler is offline WCRA Members
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Whistler BC
    Posts
    243
    Likes Received
    57
    Likes Given
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It was probably for the video near the stove or the bbq. Its safe for frames but its bad for you. any degreaser will work as well and smell much better
    Olivier Boulay

    Window Cleaning Whistler

  3. mistersqueegee's Avatar
    mistersqueegee is offline WCRs Biggest Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,929
    Likes Received
    520
    Likes Given
    1042
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It will compromise the IG seal on the windows.
    Tony Evans
    A New View Window Cleaning
    http://anewviewia.com/
    tony@anewviewia.com
    (319) 325-9475

  4. Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline Gold Squeegee
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,699
    Likes Received
    67
    Likes Given
    20
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Waste of time. I had a guy come help me a few years back from another company on a hw job. He ranted and raved how well oven cleaner would work. I tried it and it did work, but no were near as good as a powder. Now the powered are good, but last year we bought some one restore. My employees came back ranting and raving about how amazing it is. Spray on, wipe off, spots gone. That easy. But the one did say she would have liked to had a mask as the smell was a little rough for her. Also she got some on her pants, bleached the hell out of them.

    Sometimes its better to buy the product that is designed to do what you are looking to do. 1 gallon of oven cleaner on google is $40 to $60 bucks. 1 gallon of one restore $30 and change, diluted 2:1 your getting 2 gallons. We worked the whole year with one gallon. The cost is nothing compared to the customers happiness.

  5. optimumaintenance's Avatar
    optimumaintenance is offline WCRA Members
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where my Squeegee is..
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,337
    Likes Received
    783
    Likes Given
    391
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Waste of time. I had a guy come help me a few years back from another company on a hw job. He ranted and raved how well oven cleaner would work. I tried it and it did work, but no were near as good as a powder. Now the powered are good, but last year we bought some one restore. My employees came back ranting and raving about how amazing it is. Spray on, wipe off, spots gone. That easy. But the one did say she would have liked to had a mask as the smell was a little rough for her. Also she got some on her pants, bleached the hell out of them.

    Sometimes its better to buy the product that is designed to do what you are looking to do. 1 gallon of oven cleaner on google is $40 to $60 bucks. 1 gallon of one restore $30 and change, diluted 2:1 your getting 2 gallons. We worked the whole year with one gallon. The cost is nothing compared to the customers happiness.
    I totally agree ray. It's interesting to see how people use different products to clean glass but I would rather use a PROFESSIONAL window cleaners application. I'll leave the oven cleaner for ovens

  6. llaczko's Avatar
    llaczko is offline Rhodium Squeegee
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Paradise!
    Posts
    9,695
    Likes Received
    1292
    Likes Given
    2399
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Folks would use oven cleaner for aluminum screen burn. As Tony posted, it's bad for IGU seals and will stain other surfaces.
    It's Possible

    "Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question." ~ e.e. cummings

    "The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize." ~ FDR

  7. BostonMike's Avatar
    BostonMike is online now Diamond Squeegee
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Metro Boston Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,681
    Likes Received
    318
    Likes Given
    349
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Back in the day oven cleaner was the bomb! A trade secret only window cleaners knew about. Well times have changed. Oven cleaner is obsolete. haha
    JfromtheD and Nomad like this.
    Best Regards,
    Mike

    "A slow window cleaner is a poor window cleaner." Joel Andrews

  8. guardsman308's Avatar
    guardsman308 is offline Brass Squeegee
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States
    Age
    21
    Posts
    27
    Likes Received
    1
    Likes Given
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alright, whats the other product your talking about that you can get 2 gallons out of? And IGU seals?

  9. llaczko's Avatar
    llaczko is offline Rhodium Squeegee
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Paradise!
    Posts
    9,695
    Likes Received
    1292
    Likes Given
    2399
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guardsman308 View Post
    Alright, whats the other product your talking about that you can get 2 gallons out of? And IGU seals?
    Is there a problem you're trying to solve?

    BTW, IGU = Insulated Glass Unit (dual-pane window.)
    It's Possible

    "Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question." ~ e.e. cummings

    "The school is the last expenditure upon which America should be willing to economize." ~ FDR

  10. JfromtheD's Avatar
    JfromtheD is offline Gold Squeegee
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,712
    Likes Received
    1053
    Likes Given
    521
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rubber Stock Up
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonMike View Post
    Back in the day oven cleaner was the bomb! A trade secret only window cleaners knew about. Well times have changed. Oven cleaner is obsolete. haha
    I was going to say something along those lines... "modern technology," huh?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Join the conversation! Comment now with Facebook

Proudly Powered by: vBSocial.com Sync

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151